Thursday, June 13, 2013

Be at Peace

Today I am trying to let go of the things I cannot control. This is hard for me, really really hard. There are so many things that are outside of my control and dealing with that is one of the big struggles of my life. I'm a planner, I'm a logical thinker, I can break down tasks and items and categorize and manage and control. If only I could do that with my body (or my two year old!) I think I would be a much more peaceful person. But every day is a new day and a chance to try again. So today I declare health, I declare favor and I declare abundance. Today I know that I am blessed, I am strong, I am healthy and this will be great year. (yes sometimes affirmations make me feel better or a least less likely to go crazy at any minute).

I found this on a blog a few weeks ago and as I look to my future and whatever it may hold, I hope to keep this in mind along the journey and learn to let go and know that it'll be ok in the end.

"Be at Peace" by Saint Frances de Sales

Do not look forward in fear to the changes in life;
rather, look to them with full hope that as they arise,
God will lead you safely through all things; and when you cannot stand it, God will carry you in his arms.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day.
He will either shield you from suffering or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment