Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Retrieval Tomorrow

Ok so I will admit, this did go kind of fast. This last week anyways. So I was wrong. There I said it. Now that that's out of the way...holy crap retrieval is tomorrow! I went in Saturday for another monitoring appointment and had the same number of follicles all growing nicely, lead was 15 and my E2 was 803, so they wanted me back on Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning I go and there are ton more follicles in there, I think there are like 18 or more now and lead is 20. I didn't see my normal RE so I was trying to take a ninja view of the ultrasound but it's so hard to keep it all straight. Lining is just over 10, so RE said we are absolutely 100% ready to go. Triggered last night with Noveral and dude my ass is so sore today. I don't know if it's that extra 1/2 inch on the needle - I'm one of the lucky ones who got 1 1/2 inch needles - or if IG really jammed it in there this time. I'll tell you though when he put that needle in my whole right leg twitched and it feels like he hammer fist punched me in the ass. It's sore to walk on and sore to sit on, can't even wait to do this with PIO every night for who knows how long. And yes it will all be worth it, but I'm allowed a little sympathy.

Took a hpt today and it was positive, which indicates the HCG is in my system so we are go for tomorrow morning at 9:15. I'm super excited and super nervous. Can't wait to actually get it over with and see what we're really working with.

On another note today is joyous day because I don't have to get any shots!

You know that moment when you see someone you know, in a place you don't want to be seen? Yeah that was me yesterday at the lab waiting to get my blood drawn for my appointment. I'm sitting there in the very small waiting room and in walks a mom from Q's school, a mom that I actually know from Q's school, a mom that we've seen a lot of times in a lot of different areas and there she is. And I know that it shouldn't feel shameful or secretive, but I want people to know what we are going through on our own terms. So I tried desperately to hide my face with my hair and text on my phone (thought I was texting IG, turns out I was texting my mom and dad...another fail). The only redeemer in this situation is that she was there for the exact same reason I was. Hopefully that means we will both just pretend that we never saw each other.

At this point there is nothing else to say except I can't wait for it to be tomorrow morning and I feel so hopeful and I want this feeling to last and I want this to be our miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment