Thursday, July 18, 2013

Goodbye Friend

Yesterday we said goodbye do our dear friend and loyal companion Meeko. Meeko was our 15 year old sheltie who had been with IG since he was a puppy. Meeko came into my life 6 years ago when IG and I began dating and he was a joyful, loving, affectionate, protective, playful, happy dog. I always affectionately referred to him as my step-child since he came along with the relationship. But over the years I, and in turn, my family grew to love and count on Meeko. He had started to disappear in front of our eyes over the last few months, eating less and less until recently pretty much not eating at all. The truth his he hadn't been Meeko for a while now and it was time to help him pass on. He will forever be in our hearts and it's heartbreaking to have Q ask about when he is coming home, even though we've told him Meeko is now living in heaven with God and that he won't live with us anymore. Meeko I hope you are out there chasing birds, getting your belly rubbed and licking many loving hands. We will see you again when our family is reunited, we love you and will always be grateful for the joy and companionship you brought to our lives. Goodbye friend.













No comments:

Post a Comment