Monday, July 1, 2013

Here We Go Again

Cycle 15 officially started yesterday....I'm not surprised but still sad about it and so ready to move forward and see if we can figure out what's going on. I'm glad that I have an appointment with the RE already scheduled for next week so we don't have to wait too long to get things moving. Called insurance today to make sure I had all my ducks in a row and apparently I need to enroll into some type of Reproductive Resource Services program in order for my benefits to kick in. Sounds awesome. I get a case worker and everything. Yippee! Can you feel the excitement? One of my pet peeves about insurance is the forcing of services I didn't ask for nor really want. But if it's whats required to receive benefits for fertility treatments then I'll do what I have to.

I tried to call and schedule an acupuncture appointment today, but the one recommended by the RE's office is on vacation until July 7 so I guess that will have to wait till next week. I was back and forth about making the appointment and almost didn't call, only because I'm not sure where I'm going to find another hour each week. Between Q and work and trying to get to the gym 3 times a week and dinner and groceries and laundry and sleep, I'm not sure where else I have time. It's about 20 mins away from my office so that pretty much blows my idea of trying to make it a lunch time thing out of the water. But I'm resolved to give it a try so I will call again next week and figure it out from there.

In other news, I'm looking forward to the 4th of July. It's a 3 day work week so that's always nice and I only have to drive into the office today and tomorrow. Wednesday is the big fireworks display here in downtown and they start shutting down roads on Tuesday and then into Wednesday including blocking off parking garages. I don't want to get stuck in any of that mess so I'm working from home Wednesday. Apparently the fireworks display here is the 2nd largest in the country. We've never gone to the event and Q is still too young to drag him through all that, but it'll be fun to check them out in a couple years when he's older. We are going to my parents this weekend for a cookout and fireworks. Fourth of July is a big deal in the town I grew up in, so it'll be a lot of fun. Plus, Q loves going to Grandma and Grandpa's house and I love the extra playmates there.

I hope this week goes fast, I'm already anxious to get to my RE appointment, just to see what it's like. I hate the unknown and there's only so much internet stalking research I can do about the Dr and the practice and infertility in general. I feel like we have been stagnant for 15 cycles and I just want to do something, anything to move forward. Anyways good thing it's a holiday weekend so I have plenty to keep me occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment