Tuesday, January 21, 2014

All about Q

When I started this blog I never intended it to be fully focused on my fertility issues and journey. In fact, I started it before I knew for certain that I was facing fertility issues, I did however have a feeling that it was the path we were on, long before testing or treatment. Infertility and everything that comes along with it has certainly consumed a large portion of what my life is now, but it is by no means my entire life and the rest of all that life seems to get lost here. So this post is all about Q, because he is honestly my entire life and the light and joy that keeps me going everyday.

Where to even begin? I know all parents say things like this, but Q is the most amazing little person I've ever known. He is smart, he is funny, he is caring, he is sensitive,  he is loud, he is energetic, he is competitive, he is overly social, he is weird, he is creative and the list could go on and on. One thing he most definitely is, is a Mama's boy. It's gotten better as he's gotten a little older, but there is no doubt about it, he prefers Mama above all else. When he was younger this was very exhausting, now as I see it starting to slowly slip away it makes me sad. His comfort zone is sucking his thumb and sticking his hand in my armpit. (I did mention in the above list that he is weird, so consider that fair warning.) He's done this since he was able to consciously direct movement of his hands and arms. I nursed Q for 14 months and I think it all stems from that, because in nursing him there was always one arm/hand tucked under my arm.

At 3 (and nearly a half) years old, Q is super into puzzles and Pinocchio and playing games and Wii sports resort and swimming and writing letters and the color yellow and sleeping with Eeyore and Reese's cups and racing and bowling and working in the kitchen and making up words and face-timing with Grandma and Grandpa. He loves to play with other kids, especially kids older than him. And he loves to talk to everyone, all strangers included. He's always interested in whether I'm happy and asks me often and has recently started telling me he does certain things because he loves me. For example, I'll ask him why he likes to sleep in bed with me and he'll respond "because I love you".

He is always happy and has the best smile in the world. He loves to be funny and make others laugh. He is ridiculously athletically inclined, seriously this kids has ab muscles like you wouldn't believe.

He has changed my life for the better from the moment he was a second line on a pregnancy test. I am by no means a perfect mother, but Q makes me a better person every day. He reminds me to slow down, to get down on the floor and play a game, to let the laundry sit another day, to cherish the moments laying with him right before he falls asleep as he's snuggled right up against my body. The pure joy he experiences with every little thing we do helps me to see the joy in those little things. No matter what I will always be grateful that I was the one lucky enough to be chosen as Q's Mom.

And now for fun I leave you with a few pictures of the most amazing little boy I know.








No comments:

Post a Comment