Thursday, January 23, 2014

Baseline

Had my baseline ultrasound today for IUI #2.1 and the large cyst on my left side seems to have resolved itself, but there now appears to be a cyst on my right side measuring about 20mm. However, RE feels like this is likely residual from my cycle that just ended. He also guessed that I didn't ovulate for the last two cycles and that's why my period has been so wacky.  He thinks Dr. Schmidt was wrong 2 cycles ago and that I hadn't actually ovulated yet, but since my period started so soon after surmised that I likely didn't ovulate at all, even though I had taken clomid.

We decided to up to the clomid dose this time from 50mg to 100mg, even though I've previously gotten good response on just 50mg of clomid, because of the last two cycles. I had 1 refill left of clomid and in anticipation of this appointment sent it in to be refilled, knowing that if the baseline was good that I'd be starting clomid today. With that the RE gave me a prescription today for 5 more pills at 50mg so that I could take two a day. Well stupid insurance denied the claim for the second prescription because it was 1 day after refilling the exact same medicine and dosage. Which is stupid because it's a separate prescription, but whatever I've done nothing but battle the insurance company since we starting this process so why should this be any different. So I left the pharmacy with 5 pills today and will hopefully go back tomorrow for the remaining 5 pills.

I'm scheduled next Thursday for my mid-cycle ultrasound and if all stays on track we are looking at IUI next weekend. Hopefully the increased clomid will produce at least 3 strong follicles and we can have another good IUI. Fingers crossed.

And of course had to wear some awesome socks today for the appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment