Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gratitude Journal

I was a huge Oprah fan or rather I still am a huge Oprah fan, but I was a religious watcher of the Oprah Winfrey show.  I used to DVR it and when I was on maternity leave and at home alone for 12 hours a day with newborn, it always felt like my adult hour. She was the only daytime talk show I watched regularly. Anyways a few years back Oprah talked about keeping a gratitude journal and writing in it everyday the things you are grateful for. I can't remember the deeper lesson behind the gratitude journal, I mean obviously it helps you to focus on the things that are good right now in your life, but I think there was some deeper lesson behind it all.

Anyways, lately I find myself so consumed by my journey with SIF that I feel like I can't think of anything else. I think I only have one week a month where I don't feel totally consumed by this and that's usually my fertile week where I've moved out of feeling disappointed and sad that another cycle has ended with AF and into feeling hopeful that maybe something will finally work. But then I move into the 2WW and I'm consumed all over again. I have a hard time concentrating at work and a lot of the time just feel like I'm gong through the motions in the evenings with Q. And then I feel so guilty for not cherishing what I have. 

So I was thinking about the things I am grateful for and thought maybe some form of a gratitude journal would help take my mind out of the dark place IF takes it for the majority of my month. 

I am grateful for the beautiful, funny, caring, loving son that I already have. 

I am grateful for a body that woke up and functioned to the best of it's ability today. 

I am grateful for a husband that will do pick up and dinner tonight so that I can go to a spin class. 

I am grateful that we have the insurance coverage and financial stability to seek treatment. 

I am grateful that I sit in an office with windows.

I am grateful that I have music to help get me through the day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment